Select a day
12:00pmFanny Moreaux ICO Partners12:00pm - 12:45pmRoom 4
Creative Partnerships - an Alternative to Gameplay Videos for Your Influencer Marketing CampaignsTuesday 11th July12:00pm - 12:45pmRoom 4
While traditional marketing methods like gameplay videos may reach a good audience for your game launch, this approach can be limiting in the long term. And they may not effectively reach certain niche or diverse groups in games where these non-traditional audiences are represented.
This talk will explore how broadening your options and partnering with creative content creators can create effective, engaging, honest and diverse influencer marketing campaigns. We will discuss alternatives to classic options like gameplay videos and how to integrate all of them together for more interesting and ultimately better marketing activations.
- How to identify a project that fits this kind of campaign
- How to define the right kind of content to make.
- Where to search for the right creators.
- The key points to look for while selecting creator
- How to manage the campaign's budget - cost references.
2:00pmFederica Nocerino Freelancer marketer for gaming & tech2:00pm - 2:45pmRoom 4
Mastering Discoverability: How to Attract and Nurture Your Game’s AudienceTuesday 11th July2:00pm - 2:45pmRoom 4
Discoverability is one of the biggest challenges facing game developers today. In this session, attendees will learn how to build a strong community, engage with fans on social media, and use real-life case studies to market their games successfully.
By the end of this session, attendees will learn:
- How to build a strong community of fans around their game
- How to engage with fans on social media and use the latest platforms and trends to market their game
- Real-life case studies of successful game marketing campaigns
- Practical strategies for marketing their game and improving discoverability
4:00pmClaire Sharkey Freelance4:00pm - 4:45pmRoom 1
Pitfalls of a Noisy Market - How to Do the Best You Can and Preparing for it Not Working OutTuesday 11th July4:00pm - 4:45pmRoom 1
Talking about general discoverability and really focusing on things devs can do with limited budget and resources to help them while also talking about how to prepare for reaping no guaranteed rewards for efforts.
A lot of post-mortem insights from studios and publishers that did well tell people tips and these tips are well known but the truth of it all is that it's often just luck in a saturated market.
My presentation will show how to maximize chances within various limitations while giving positive reinforcement that if you did everything and didn't succeed then it's not your fault and that learnings still come from it all.
- How to do all the "right things and it may not work out and that's not on them
- Some tricks of promoting a game they didn't know about before
- Help those looking for marketing support know what they need from that support
12:00pmBrynmor Richards Super Rare Games12:00pm - 12:45pmRoom 4
Spreading an Indie Game on Social Media from Announcement to Release & BeyondWednesday 12th July12:00pm - 12:45pmRoom 4
Breaking down organic social media strategy and helping you to work towards creating campaigns for games you might work on. Giving a structured system that you can apply to any indie game. Using 10 phases, we'll be breaking down the spread of awareness across social media platforms. Throughout these phases, I'll use examples and break down how you can be open and adaptable. The phrase “Social Media is too unpredicatable” is often a deteriment to the truth, that you can properly plan ahead. This would be a great talk for people new to the industry trying to figure out how to deliver social media campaign plans.
- Have a phase-by-phase plan on to base your strategy on.
- Understanding asset efficiency and working with devs to achieve it.
- Have a better overall understanding of platform and analytical strategy.
3:00pmOliver William Walker ZA/UM3:00pm - 3:45pmRoom 4
TikTok Game Dev: The Eldritch Horror - How to Create Powerful ContentWednesday 12th July3:00pm - 3:45pmRoom 4
Understanding TikTok feels like trying to unpick the workings of a twisted all knowing ancient creature. I spent the last 2 years creating game dev content on TikTok and in 2022 I took my eldritch magic to another level by posting daily for 7 months (and living to tell the tale.) This talk is about unpicking the learnings directly from someone who has been deep in the dark depths of Game Dev TikTok content creation. We'll break down strategy and tactics, how best to effectively use the platform, and all sorts of unusual magic I have learned from hands on content creation.
- What makes successful content on TikTok and how to make it
- How to effectively use the platform for your specific needs
- Tips and tricks on TikTok content creation and the platform
5:00pm5:00pm - 5:45pmRoom 4
Discoverability SessionWednesday 12th July5:00pm - 5:45pmRoom 4
12:15pmSimon Byron Yogscast GamesMark Cantwell Fourth Floor12:15pm - 1:00pmRoom 4
PlateUp! – A Recipe For Success. Or Why Wishlists Don’t (Always) MatterThursday 13th July12:15pm - 1:00pmRoom 4
Ask any indie developer or studio what the single most important metric is ahead of a Steam launch and they’ll say one thing: Wishlists. This continual quest for a consumer click dominates all pre-release marketing – but how valuable are they? And what, ultimately, do they mean for your imminent launch?
PlateUp! was one of the biggest indie hits of 2022, selling over 650,000 copies in its first four months of release – a result you’d not have predicted from its pre-launch Wishlists alone. So what happened, and what can we learn? Join Yogscast Games and its marketing agency Fourth Floor as they lift the lid on the game’s pre-launch velocity and discuss what helped the game grow and grow.
- Why Wishlists are not a reliable indication of success
- How you can make games which engage content creators
- How you can track sales uplift
4:00pm4:00pm - 4:45pmRoom 2
Discoverability SessionThursday 13th July4:00pm - 4:45pmRoom 2