Yoyu Li is speaking at the following session/s
Cloud Native Development Level Up for Smaller Teams
Cloud technology has been a game changer for the wider tech industry in the past decade. It has been well-adopted by bigger players in the games industry too, but less so for smaller teams. The speaker Yoyu made a bold career transition from a cloud technology consultant to an indie game developer three years ago. She has seen so many ways even small game dev teams can utilise cloud technology to improve their productivity or enhance the game experience.
In this talk, she will use real-world examples of how her team utilises cloud technology, and give practical advice on how to adopt cloud-native development, in particular for smaller teams,
Yoyu is a Google Developer Expert and Champion Innovator for Google Cloud. She is also a narrative designer for Reigns: Three Kingdoms (2022) and a producer for Whispers in the West (2023).
- What “Cloud Native” means and how it differs from “game servers”
- Some practical tips for small teams to utilise cloud technology at almost no extra cost
- Use case example of using Github Actions to pre-process Google Sheets data
- Use case example of using Object Storage for hosting dynamic game content
- Use case example of using Cloud Functions for Twitch extension backend